S. M. Stirling’s New York Times bestselling novels of The Change have depicted a postapocalyptic desert within which all smooth expertise has been left in ashes, forcing humankind to rebuild an unknowable new global within the wake of unimaginable—and deliberate—chaos.
Now, during this new anthology, S. M. Stirling invitations the main fertile minds in technological know-how fiction to affix him in increasing his wealthy Emberverse canvas. listed here are artistic new views at the cultures, the survivors, and the battles bobbing up around the years and around the globe following the Change.
In his all-new tale “Hot evening on the Hopping Toad,” Stirling returns to his personal carrying on with saga of the excessive country of Montival. within the accompanying tales are fortune seekers, voyagers, and dangers—from the ruins of Sydney to the Republic of Fargo and northern Alberta to Venetian and Greek galleys clashing within the Mediterranean.
These new adventures revisit cherished humans and locations from Stirling’s exceptional universe, introduce us to new ones, and carry without end interesting demanding situations to conquer.
• Hot evening on the Hopping Toad through S. M. Stirling
• Rate of Exchange via A. M. Dellamonica
• Tight Spot by way of Kier Salmon
• Against the Wind through Lauren C. Teffeau
• The Demons of Witmer Hall by means of M. T. Reiten
• Bernie, Lord of the Apes by way of John Jos. Miller
• The Seeker: A Poison within the Blood by means of Victor Milan
• Grandpa’s Gift by way of Terry D. England
• Fortune and Glory by means of John Birmingham
• The Venetian Dialectic by means of Walter Jon Williams
• The Soul recollects Uncouth Noises by way of John Barnes
• Topanga and the Chatsworth Lancers by way of Harry Turtledove
• The Hermit and the Jackalopes through Jane Lindskold
• The New Normal by means of Jody Lynn Nye
• A neglected Connection by way of Emily Mah Tippetts
• Deor through Diana Paxson